The Foundation level is aiming to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to be able to recognize and distinguish between the key elements of the approach.
To this end they need to show they understand Agile Project Management philosophy, principles, processes, people, products, techniques and guidance. This is a three day course, delivered as a classroom event and is designed for people who require a general level of Agile Project Management understanding.
- Practising project managers
- Agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers
Following the completion of the course participants should:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile.
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations.
- The products produced during an Agile project and the purpose of these.
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations.
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
- Pass the AGILE Foundation exam
AGILE FOUNDATION EXAM
- 1 hour
- 60 question
- Multiple choice
- 50% pass mark
- Closed book
All successful delegates will receive the Agile Project Management Foundation certificate from APMG.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience of working on projects. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the AGILE Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide
- AGILE Foundation Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, Foundation test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation Examination.
Links and downloads