The MoP® Foundation Course covers the whole of the syllabus of MoP Foundation level and prepares participants for the MoP Foundation Examination. This level aims to measure whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of portfolio management roles
To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the guide.
This is a three day course, delivered as a classroom event and is designed for people who require a general level of MoP understanding. The training provides knowledge about the principles, cycles, practices, techniques, roles, responsibilities, documents and organizational context within which portfolio management operates.
- Those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realization.
- Those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
- members of Management Boards and Directors of Change;
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs);
- Portfolio, programme, project, business change and benefits managers;
- Business case writers and project appraisers.
- The course would be of benefit to those aspiring to a more senior role.
Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Know and understand the scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from programme and project management
- Know and understand the benefits from applying portfolio management
- Know and understand the context within which it operates
- Know and understand the principles upon which successful portfolio management is based
- Know and understand approaches to implementation, the factors to consider in maintaining progress, and how to assess the success of portfolio management
- Know and understand purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component practices, and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- Know and understand purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents
- Know and understand scope of key portfolio management roles.
- Be able to pass the Foundation exam
MoP FOUNDATION EXAM
- 40 minutes
- 50 questions
- Multiple choice
- 50% pass mark
- Closed book
All successful delegates will receive the MoP Foundation certificate from APMGroup, provided by QRP International.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in working on projects/programmes. Pre-read material will be sent by courier to each participant prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the MoP Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- MoP Foundation Event Handout
This handout contains case studies, exercises and solutions, the MoP Glossary, a number of Foundation test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation Examination.
See our scheduled open courses or ask for a quotation for in-house courses.
Links and downloads