The MSP® Foundation Course covers the entire syllabus of MSP and prepares participants for the MSP Foundation examination.
This level is aiming to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a Programme office team, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP. To this end they need to show that they understand the key principles and terminology within the MSP guidance
This is a three day course, delivered as a classroom event and is designed for people who require a general level of MSP understanding. The training is a mixture of theoretical and practical sessions.
- Programme office team members
- Business change team members
- Project delivery team members
- Anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP
- Those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers and SROs).
Following the completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the programme management environment and the characteristics of different types of programmes
- Understand the benefits of applying the MSP guidance to the management of a programme of transformational change
- Understand the purpose of the defined roles
- Understand the purpose of the seven MSP principles, the nine governance themes and the six transformational flow processes
- Understand the purpose of MSP programme information (documents)
- Pass the Foundation exam
MSP FOUNDATION EXAM
- 60 minutes
- 75 questions
- Multiple choice
- 50% pass mark
- Closed book
All successful delegates will receive the MSP Foundation certificate from APMGroup, provided by QRP International.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in working on programmes. Pre-read material will be sent by courier to each participant prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the MSP Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- MSP Foundation Event Handout
This handout contains case studies, exercises and solutions, the MSP Glossary, Foundation test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation Examination.
See our scheduled open courses or ask for a quotation for in-house courses.
Links and downloads