The MSP® Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to learn how MSP can be applied to real live programmes and prepares participants for the MSP Practitioner examination.
This level is aiming to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to act as an informed member of a programme management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP environment.
This is a two day classroom-based course, mainly aimed at Programme Managers, experienced Project Managers, Programme Support Team members and Senior Managers from any discipline. The course is entirely focused at applying MSP in programme scenarios. Exercises will be based on a case study with a similar format to that used in the APM Group Practitioner Exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of MSP.
- Project managers
- Experts and advisers working within a programme office
- Other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes following the MSP guidance together with those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers).
Following the completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP programme
- Explain each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow activities
- Explain the relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes, the transformational flow, programme information (documents) and the MSP defined programme management roles and can apply that understanding
- Apply each of the MSP principles, governance themes and transformational flow processes
- Produce or evaluate examples of MSP programme information (documents)
- Identify activities that should be undertaken during each of the processes of the transformational flow together with the accountabilities and responsibilities of each of the defined roles
- Understand which management products are input to, output from, and updated in each of the six transformational flow processes.
- Pass the Practitioner exam
MSP PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 2.5 hours
- Objective Test
- 8 questions
- 80 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (MSP manual only)
All successful delegates will receive the MSP Practitioner certificate from APMG.
Project Management experience or Project Board experience is required. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The participant must have obtained the MSP Foundation certification prior to sit the Practitioner exam.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- MSP Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, MSP Glossary, Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Practitioner Examination.
See our scheduled open courses or ask for a quotation for in-house courses.
Links and downloads