P3O COMBI / Foundation & Practitioner
QRP International offers the full one week* P3O® COMBI session to those candidates willing to be trained and certified for the level Foundation and Practitioner during a five day course.
This unique training week includes BOTH the Foundation and the Practitioner examinations and candidates can benefit from a reduction of 15 % on the total price.
To benefit from this opportunity, you just go to our course page and choose in the menu bar for the P3O Combi*. All the scheduled Combi courses will appear with their reduced prices.
The P3O Combi course is divided in two sessions: 3 days P3O Foundation and 2 days Practitioner course as follow:
The P3O Foundation Course covers the whole of the syllabus of P3O Foundation level and prepares participants for the P3O Foundation Examination. To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the guide.
This is a three day course, delivered as a classroom event and is designed for people who require a general level of P3O understanding. The training provides knowledge about best practice models to align their current portfolio, program or project office or centre of excellence.
The P3O Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to apply the concepts of the P3O guidance to a scenario and prepares participants for the P3O Practitioner Examination. To this end they need to exhibit the knowledge required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they have a full understanding of how to justify, build and manage a P3O.
This is a two day classroom based course, mainly aimed at (aspiring) Support Office Managers or Directors and is very detailed with the focus on scenarios. Exercises will be based on a case study with a similar format to that used in the APM Group Practitioner Exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of P3o.
- Senior Project/Programme Managers
- PM Office Members
- Individuals with key portfolio, programme or project office roles
- Aspirant Project/Programme Managers
- Individuals newly-appointed to portfolio, programme or project office roles or those wishing to gain formal qualifications after some support office experience.
- The course would be of benefit to those aspiring to a more senior role.
Following the completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Be able to describe the high-level P3O model and know the differences between Portfolio, Programme andProject Management
- Know the arguments for establishing a P3O model and measuring its success
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles
- State the key functions and services of a P3O
- Describe tools and techniques used by a P3O
- Know how to develop a governance structure that helps optimize an organization’s investment in change alongside its Business as Usual work
- Pass the Foundation exam
- Demonstrate their ability to define the business case to get senior management approval for the P3O
- Demonstrate their ability to build the right P3O model to adapt to the organization’s needs, taking account of the organization’s size and PPM maturity
- Demonstrate their ability to plan the implementation of a P3O
- Demonstrate their ability to use tools and techniques in running the P3O and shaping the portfolio of programmes and projects
- Pass the Practitioner exam.
P3O FOUNDATION EXAM
- 40 minutes
- 50 questions
- Multiple choice
- 60% pass mark
- Closed book
All successful delegates will receive the P3O Foundation certificate from APMGroup, provided by QRP International.
P3O PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 2.25 hours
- Objective Test
- 7 questions
- 70 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (P3O manual only)
All successful delegates will receive the P3O Practitioner certificate from APMG.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in working on projects/programmes. Project Management experience or Project Board experience is required for those asking for the Practitioner exam. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The participant must have obtained the P3O Foundation certification prior to sit the Practitioner exam.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the P3O Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- P3O Foundation and Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case studies, exercises and solutions, the P3O Glossary, a number of Foundation and Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation and Practitioner Examination.
*You are not obliged to do the two parts (Foundation and Practitioner) in one week. It is as well possible to divide your course in different dates if this is easier for you agenda, without losing this price benefit. Just indicate this in the comment box of your inscription.
Links and downloads