The P3O® Foundation Course covers the whole of the syllabus of P3O Foundation level and prepares participants for the P3O Foundation Examination. This level aims to measure whether a candidate could act as an informed member of a P3O.To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the guide.
This is a three day course, delivered as a classroom event and is designed for people who require a general level of P3O understanding. The training provides knowledge about best practice models to align their current portfolio, program or project office or centre of excellence.
- Aspirant Project/Programme Managers
- Senior Project/Programme Managers
- PM Office Members
- Senior Managers
- Individuals newly-appointed to portfolio, programme or project office roles or those wishing to gain formal qualifications after some support office experience.
- The course would be of benefit to those aspiring to a more senior role.
Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Be able to describe the high-level P3O model and know the differences between Portfolio, Programme andProject Management
- Know the arguments for establishing a P3O model and measuring its success
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles
- State the key functions and services of a P3O
- Describe tools and techniques used by a P3O
- Know how to develop a governance structure that helps optimize an organization’s investment in change alongside its Business as Usual work.
P3O FOUNDATION EXAM
- 40 minutes
- 50 questions
- Multiple choice
- 60% pass mark
- Closed book
All successful delegates will receive the P3O Foundation certificate from APMGroup, provided by QRP International.
PREREQUISITESIt is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in working on projects/programmes. Pre-read material will be sent by courier to each participant prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the P3O Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- P3O Foundation Event Handout
This handout contains case studies, exercises and solutions, the P3O Glossary, a number of Foundation test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation Examination.
Links and downloads