The P3O® Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to apply the concepts of the P3O guidance to a scenario and prepares participants for the P3O Practitioner Examination.
This level aims to measure whether a candidate could manage or work in a component of a P3O. To this end they need to exhibit the knowledge required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they have a full understanding of how to justify, build and manage a P3O.
This is a two day classroom based course, mainly aimed at (aspiring) Support Office Managers or Directors and is very detailed with the focus on scenarios. Exercises will be based on a case study with a similar format to that used in the APM Group Practitioner Exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of P3o.
- Senior Project/Programme Managers
- PM Office Members
- Senior Managers
- Individuals with key portfolio, programme or project office roles
Following the completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate their ability to define the business case to get senior management approval for the P3O
- Demonstrate their ability to build the right P3O model to adapt to the organization’s needs, taking account of the organization’s size and PPM maturity
- Demonstrate their ability to plan the implementation of a P3O
- Demonstrate their ability to use tools and techniques in running the P3O and shaping the portfolio of programmes and projects.
P3O PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 2.25 hours
- Objective Test
- 7 questions
- 70 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (P3O manual only)
All successful delegates will receive the P3O Practitioner certificate from APMG.
PREREQUISITESProject Management experience or Project Board experience is required. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The participant must have obtained the P3O Foundation certification prior to sit the Practitioner exam.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- P3O Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, P3O Glossary, Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Practitioner Examination.
Links and downloads