This course gives you 21 PDU points!
This level aims to ensure that a candidate could act as an informed member and contributor of a project management team using the PRINCE2 ® method, within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the method.
This is a three day course, delivered as a classroom event and is designed for people who require a general level of PRINCE2 understanding. The training is structured in a manner which follows the sequence of a typical project. From the start, attention is paid to initiation, organisation, the control of project stages, the management of risk, quality and controls, the delivery of the project’s objectives, right through to the project closure.
- Project Managers
- Project Team Members
- Team Managers
- Assistant Project managers
- Aspirant Project Managers
Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Understand the purpose and responsibilities of all PRINCE2 roles
- Understand the seven principles, the seven themes, the seven processes, and the Product-based Planning and Quality Review techniques
- Understand which management products are input to, output from, and updated in the seven processes
- Understand the purpose of all management products and the composition of the Business Case, Product Descriptions, Issue Report and the Issue, Risk and Quality Registers
- Understand the relationship between principles, processes, themes, products and roles within a PRINCE2 project
- Pass the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
PRINCE2 FOUNDATION EXAM
- 1 hour
- 75 question
- Multiple choice
- 50% pass mark
- Closed book
All successful delegates will receive the PRINCE2 Foundation certificate from APMG.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience of working on projects. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the PRINCE2 Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide
- PRINCE2 Foundation Event Handout
- PRINCE2 Costumised Templates
- 6 months FREE access code to P2ware Planner Suite
Links and downloads