The learning objectives for Peoplecert DevOps Fundamentals include an understanding of:
- History and need of DevOps
- Key concepts of DevOps
- Business value of DevOps
- Concepts underlying C.A.L.M.S., The Three Ways, continuous delivery, and the scope of the full stack
- DevOps culture, transformational leadership and DevOps structure and teaming
- Evolution of the DevOps Practices and the 15 essential practices of DevOps
- Agile project management and Scrum methodology
- Key concepts of cloud technology and virtualization, automation for deployment pipeline, and architecting for continuous delivery
The target audience for the PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals course includes Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals such as:
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment
- The following IT roles: Automation Architects, Application Developers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Change Agents, Consultants, DevOps Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Architect, Integration Specialists, IT Directors, IT Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Network Administrators, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Release Engineers, Software Developers, Software Tester/QA, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Tool Providers
PeopleCert Devops Fundamentals Examination Design
- Number of questions: 40
- Type of questions: multiple choice
- Marks: 40 marks available.
- Provisional pass mark: 70% or higher
- Duration: 60 minutes (75 for non-native speakers)
- This is a ‘closed book’ examination
The Certification Exam takes place the last day of the course, the third day, in the afternoon. Open-course participants may need to bring their laptop in order to take the on-line exam.
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience are recommended. The pre-reading material will be available before of the beginning of the course, participants are encouraged to study it before the beginning of the course. A good knowledge of English is mandatory
The following PeopleCert Devops Fundamentals course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide- available online.
- PeopleCert Devops Fundamentals Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, Devops Glossary, Fundamentals test-exams and hints & tips for the Fundamentals Examination.