Change Management Practitioner Objectives
Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Identify the organizational drivers of a change initiative and the links that initiatives has with any governance structures (e.g. strategic, programme or project governance)
- Use a range of organization paradigms to understand, support and sustain change processes, taking account of the culture of the organization
- Apply an appropriate process framework to help plan or understand any particular organizational change
- Establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders from different levels can support and sustain the change process
- Contribute effectively to preparation for a change initiative, including building the change team, offering insights which improve team effectiveness
- Offer relevant insights in discussions about how to prepare for change, including planning for learning and motivational issues relevant to different roles and types of people
- Help colleagues understand the difference between organization change and the human impact of transition, and suggest practical leadership actions at different stages of a change
- Support the identification and mapping of stakeholders in a change process and help develop ways approaches to build and maintain stakeholder engagement.
- Draft the communication plan for a change initiative, taking proper account of the various stakeholders and of an appropriate range of communication channels
- Recognize signs of resistance to change and propose actions to mitigate it
- Propose a range of levers by which a change can be sustained and become embedded in the organization
- Pass the Change Management Practitioner exam
Change Management Practitioner Target Audience
- Change managers and aspiring change managers
- Key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of change programmes
- Change leaders (e.g. Sponsors)
- Change agents (e.g. Business Change Managers)
- Change implementers (e.g. programme and project managers)
- Change support (e.g. PMO) and operational line management
Change Management Practitioner Exam
- 2.5 hour
- Objective Test
- 4 questions
- 80 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook only)
Upon successful completion of the exam and following confirmation of the results, the participants will receive a unique, secure and auditable electronic certificate from APMG International.
Change Management Practitioner Prerequisit
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in a Change environment. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course. Candidate must have been passed the foundation examination before completing the practitioner examination. Course material and examination are in English, a basic understanding is recommended.
The following Change Management Practitioner course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The Manual ‘The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook’ will be sent prior to the course.
- Change Management Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Practitioner Examination.
Why choose QRP?
- Prepare more efficiently with our pre-course study guide available online
- Take advantage of our +10 years’ experience delivering training across the world
- Earn up to 10 PDUs and Maintain Your PMP Certification!!
Do you have more than 2 participants interested in that course? Ask for our multiple discount rate
Do you need to adapt the course to your organization? Look at our customized solution