ITIL 4 Foundation Exam
The ITIL 4 Foundation Qualification is a professional qualification in the field of IT Service Management.
This qualification provides you with an understanding of service management concepts and the new ITIL framework, ITIL 4. There are no mandatory prerequisites. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
- Individuals working in the field of Service Management
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- ITIL V3- ITIL 2011 qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge.
- Language: English and French
- Duration: 60 minutes 25% extra time if you take the exam in a language that is not your native language
- Materials: No materials
- Closed book exam: books or notes are not permitted
- Questions: 40
- All 40 questions are Objective Test Questions (OTQs)
- Pass Mark: 26 marks or above
- Level of Thinking: Bloom’s levels 1 & 2
- There are 9 questions at Bloom’s Level 1 = approx. 22.5%
- There are 31 questions at Bloom’s Level 2 = approx. 77.5%
- Exam Format: Online or Paper
- Certificate Format: Online
- The online certificate is usually included in the exam fee, you could ask for a paper certificate to the Exam institute after your exam.
ITIL 4 Foundation Exam Sample Questions
The questions are all ‘multiple-choice’: Standard, List, Missing word, Negative.
Example ‘standard’ OTQ:
Which is a source of best practice?
Example ‘list’ OTQ:
Which statement about service asset and configuration management is CORRECT?
1. It does Q
2. It does P
3. It does R
4. It does S
a) 1 and 2
b) 2 and 3
c) 3 and 4
d) 1 and 4
NOTE: Two of the list items are correct. List style questions are never negative.
Example ‘missing word’ OTQ
Identify the missing word(s) in the following sentence.
A [?] defines requirements for services and takes responsibility for outcomes from service consumption.
a) Role Q
b) Role P
c) Role R
d) Role S
Example ‘negative’ standard OTQ:
Which is NOT a defined area of value?
NOTE: Negative questions are only used, as an exception, where part of the learning outcome is to know that something is not done or should not occur.
ITIL 4 Foundation Objectives
This exam has been developed to assess whether you as IT professional can demonstrate sufficient understanding of the ITIL 4 service management framework.
You need to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation examination to access the ITIL v4 higher level qualifications.
A candidate you need to demonstrate the achievement of these learning outcomes:
- Understand the key concepts of service management.
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and to adapt service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system.
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices Understand 7 ITIL practices.
The ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate
The validity of ITIL 4 Foundation certificate is a lifetime; this certificate will never expire.
QRP International is an ITIL Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) by Peoplecert on behalf of Axelos, is authorised to deliver ITIL 4 Foundation courses and can prepare you for the examination leading to the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.