HERMES 5 Advanced Exam
HERMES is the project management method for all types of projects. It is the standard used by the Swiss Federal Administration for IT projects as well as many cantons and municipalities and is also used in the private sector. HERMES 5 Advanced Level is the certification aimed at project managers.
HERMES Advanced Examination Target
- Project Manager
- Project Staff
- PMO staff
- Quality Management
HERMES Advanced Exam Format
- Language: German and French
- Duration: 120 minutes
Part 1: 60 minutes
Part 2. 60 minutes
- Materials permitted:
Part 1: Closed book exam. Books or notes are not allowed.
Part 2: The HERMES reference manual and a scenario overview may be used.
Part 1: 30
Part 2: 15
- Pass mark:
Part 1: 18
Part 2: 9
At least 60% of the maximum achievable points are required to pass the written examination.
- Level of Thinking Bloom’s levels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6
- Exam Format: Online or Paper
HERMES 5 Advanced Exam Sample Questions
In the written examinations, questions are asked about the learning objectives underlying the relevant subject areas of the examination.
The procedure for the HERMES 5 Advanced examination is the Multiple-Choice-Questions.
There are several possible answers per question. One or more answers can be correct (Complex Multiple Choice). The evaluation is based on a point system.
- Each correct answer gives a plus point,
- every wrong answer a minus point.
- Missing answers (not placed cross) are evaluated with zero points.
- The lowest score within a question is zero points.
Example ‘Multiple choice questions’:
What is the source of best practice?
HERMES 5 Advanced sample question
The following elements belong to the “IT system” module:
(a) Result “migration concept”.
(b) Result “Detailed study“.
(c) Task “Prepare systems integration“.
(d) Task “Shut down the old system“.
HERMES 5 Advanced Objectives
The participants know how to manage and control a project according to HERMES and have trained selected project management tasks by working with a case study according to the standard scenario “IT standard application” and “IT individual application”.
Here is the list of the most important learning objectives:
- The participants have learned the Foundation content.
- The participants have gained a deeper insight into the modules “IT system, IT operation, IT migration, agile development” in the context of the standard scenario “IT standard application and IT individual application“. (Scrum/agile, not relevant for the exam).
- The participants learned the modules “Project Basics” and “Project Management” in detail by working with a case study according to the standard scenario “IT Standard Application” and trained the implementation of selected tasks from the module.
- The participants have learned the module “Project Management” in detail by working with a described starting situation and are prepared for the cooperation with the client and the project committee.
- The participants are prepared for the certification exam HERMES Advanced (not relevant for the examination).
HERMES 5 Advanced Certificate
The participant receives a certificate for the passed exam.
If the participant does not pass the exam, he or she receives a certificate of results for taking the exam.
The HERMES 5 Advanced certificate is valid for three years.