AgilePM Foundation Exam
The AgilePM Foundation Qualification is a professional qualification in the field of Agile Project Management. This qualification provides you with advice, supported by Hints and Tips based on the DSDM approach, on how to manage a project in an Agile way.
There are no mandatory prerequisites.
Work experience in project management is recommended.
- Practicing project managers
- Agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers.
- Language: English (please add the relevant languages for your markets)
- Duration: 40 minutes
- 25% extra time if you take the exam in a language that is not your native language
- Materials: No materials
- No books or notes are permitted
- Questions: 50
- All 50 questions are Objective Test Questions (OTQs)
- Pass Mark: 25 marks or above
- Exam Format: Online or Paper
- Certificate Format: Online
- THE online certificate is usually included in the exam fee, you can ask for a paper certificate to the Exam institute after your exam
The AgilePM Foundation Exam Questions examples
The questions are all ‘multiple-choice’. Standard, Negative, Missing word, List, Evaluate
Example ‘standard’ OTQ:
What DSDM role ensures that the Solution Development Team functions as a whole and
meets its objectives?
a) Business Analyst
b) Project Manager
c) Team Leader
d) Solution Tester
Example ‘negative’ standard OTQ:
Which characteristic does NOT relate to the Solution Development Team?
a) Each role empowered to make decisions
b) Flexibility to swap team members in and out of the team
c) Desire and authority to make day-to-day decisions
d) Business knowledge and technical expertise
Example ‘missing word’ OTQ
Identify the missing words in the following sentence.
An organization amenable to incremental delivery of solutions [?] will benefit from early
return on investment.
a) at the lowest possible cost
b) into live use
c) for testing in the deployment
d) with minimum effort
Example ‘list’ OTQ:
Which of the following elements make up common sense?
1. Sound judgment
2. Practical judgment
3. Normal native intelligence
4. Specialized knowledge
Example ‘evaluate’ OTQ
Which of the following statements about the Solution Architecture Definition is true?
1. The Solution Architecture Definition contains the strategy for testing and review of
2. The Solution Architecture Definition contains both business and technical aspects of
a) Only 1 is true
b) Only 2 is true
c) Both 1 and 2 are true
d) Neither 1 or 2 is true
The AgilePM Foundation Objectives
The AgilePM Foundation level qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management Foundation guidance to be able to recognize and distinguish between the key elements of the approach.
The Agile PM Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
As a candidate you need to demonstrate the achievement of these learning outcomes:
- Understand the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile.
- Understand the lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations.
- Understand the products produced during an Agile project and its purpose.
- Understand the techniques used and their benefits and limitations.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an Agile project.
The AgilePM Foundation Certificate
The validity of the AgilePM Foundation certificate is a lifetime.
This certificate will never expire.
QRP International is an AgilePM Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) by APMG International and is authorized to deliver AgilePM Foundation courses and can prepare you for the examination leading to the AgilePM Foundation Certificate in Project Management.